Saturday, October 9, 2010

A lot has happened since I last posted, (if anybody's reading this I'll be mighty surprised.) but I've been reading thru it all. That is one thing that I have always been sure of; the pleasure of reading. You really can't beat it. It can get you thru darn near anything!

Since I last posted, I have moved to a town near Milford, Ma. I did it partly because of financial reasons, but also to find that small town homey friendly feeling that I missed when living in Framingham.

In May of this year I was diagnosed with Myelodysplasia, a kissin' cousin to Leukemia, and have been up and down with my energy levels.

That's where reading comes in...when all else fails, and you are basically having to be a couch potato...keep a book by your side. Or two. Or three.

I personally try to read a couple or more books at a time...reading maybe a couple of chapters of one, then going back to another one for a while. I don't get mixed up as to who is doing whatsis because I usually have an eclectic assortment of books from which to choose, and I might be reading a suspense and a romance and a biography all at the same time. I don't read books any faster, I don't think, this way, but I do like switching back and forth from time to time. I also keep a paperback in the car for Dr. appointments or traffic jams ( huh...like that's gonna happen out here in the country...LOL.)

My goal is still to read at least 50 books a year, and as 2010 comes to a close, I am reading books #43 and #44...Fireside by Susan Wiggs, and Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark. Neither one of these is new or exciting, but neither am I!

No comments: