Sunday, July 13, 2008

The challenge is finding a book!

I was looking forward to going to the bookstore and the library today to look at/ check out/buy one of my JLC 2 books. I did get to the bookstore, but didn't see any thing that 'spoke' to me. I was going partially by the list Bellazza had left on her blog from the last challenge, and I was curious about several of the books. I found some of the authors, but pretty much struck out at the store. Never fear(!) I thought...you can go see what the library has!
Unfortunately it was not to be. I forgot that in the Summer the libraries around here are closed on Sundays. I've lived here for 5 years, and I still forgot. Of course, I also still forget to pull the lever to open the gas tank on my car after 4 years ( and many, many tanks of gas, but I digress...)
Hmmm, well, tomorrow's another day. I'm really in no rush. And meanwhile, I have plenty to read.

3 comments:

Bellezza said...

I forgot to list a very good book by Julie Otsuka titled "When The Emporer Was Divine", and I also loved "Memoirs of a Geisha" even though that was not written by a Japanese author. It was great, in my opinion. I know many people have enjoyed Mishima's work, and he's not terribly lengthy. Good luck in your search.

CJ said...

I think you're going about this in the perfect way - waiting for those books that 'speak' to you. I can suggest Snow Country - it is absolutely beautiful.

I took part in Bellezza's challenge last year and am looking foward to doing so again. It's great to have a reason to challenge myself to read something I wouldn't normally even look at.

cjh

Caitlin said...

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will investigate them!