Monday, July 7, 2008

Hidden Passions

Do you watch any of the 'Soaps'? I used to occasionally watch one called Passions, which was a goofy show that involved witches, demons, amd magic, along with the usual murder, romance, and general 'soapiness.' It has since moved to some channel I don't get,but I don't care. I guess you could say I never had much passion for Passions! I have watched Days of our Lives for 40 years, however....

So any way, apparently someone at NBC got this idea to have one of the characters from the show write a memoir of the town of Harmony, the setting for the show. This was Tabitha Lenox, a main character who was also a witch. No, not your usual 'witch' you might find on a soap, but a real witch. The book HIDDEN PASSIONS was a cute idea- I must have thought so because I bought a hardcover copy. It was an OK read, and I'll read it again, perhaps, but I no longer watch the show, and a lot of the characters that were on the show/in the book are no longer present. I may eventually just pass it along to GOT BOOKS? An organization that collects used/unwanted books, as well as having dumpsters so you can drop off your unwanted books.

But really, today I wanted to talk about my passion for books. I see a lot of group challenges going on around the blogs. Some of you are joining 3,4 or more challenges, which run for all sorts of time frames. I have my own challenge going, and I've had it for two years. My goal was to read 50 books in a year. That's all; a mere fifty books. The first year, 2007, I accomplished my goal. Here are my results.
I warn you, this was the year of the Robert B. Parker Spenser series, and I chose to re-read most of the whole bunch!

Books read in 2007

Wideacre by Phillipa Gregory
God Save The Child by RBP
Mortal Stakes by RBP
Promised Land by RBP
The Judas Goat by RBP
Looking for Rachel Wallace by RBP
Early Autumn by RBP
Accidents Waiting to Happen by Simon Wood
Inferno by Karen Harper
The Survivors by Dinah McCall Small Vices by RBP
Most Likely to Die by Lisa Jackson,Beverly Barton, and Wendy Corsi Staub
A Savage Place by RBP
The Favorite Child by Philippa Gregory
Ceremony by RBP
Sailing to Capri by Elizabeth Adler
Meridon by Phillipa Gregory
My Darling Caroline by Adele Ashworth
The Widening Gyre by RBP
Valediction by RBP
A Catskill Eagle by RBP
Taming a Sea Horse by RBP
Pale Kings and Princes by RBP
On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle
The Dollhouse Murders by Betty Ren Wright
Sins and Needles by Monica Ferris
Crimson Joy by RBP
Playmates by RBP
Stardust by RBP
A Respectable Trade by Phillipa Gregory
Pastime by RBP
Through The Grinder by Cleo Coyle
Double Deuce by RBP
Paper Doll by RBP
Walking Shadow by RBP
Thin Air by RBP
Chance by RBP
I Heard That Song Before by Mary Higgins Clark
Kissing Christmas Goodbye by M.C. Beaton
Small Vices by RBP
Hugger Mugger by RBP
The Rapture by Tim LaHaye
Potshot by RBP
Back Story by RBP
Let me Call You Sweetheart by RBP
Bad Business by RBP
The Body in the Belfry by Katherine Hall Page
Star Flight by Phyllis A. Whitney
School Daze by RBP
Hundred Dollar Baby by RBP
Duplicity Dogged The Dachsund by Blaize Clement
Thin Air by RBP

No comments: