Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Common Life

Ahhh, my reading blog begins. I have been fascinated by reading other book blogs, now I want to join the fun. I do live a rather common life, and living vicariously through the adventures of the heroes and heroines I read about spice it up quite a bit, if only in my imagination.
Man, that was a long sentence.

The name of my blog refers to Jubilee Trail, written by Gwen Bristow, Copyright 1950. That was 2 years before I was born, folks. It is one of the best books I have read in my 56 years. And believe me, I've read a LOT of books in 56 years. Don't worry, I don't plan to blog about them all! lol.

My post titles will (try to) be the name of a book I have read and liked. I may not review the book here, but I will tell you the name of the author. This title refers to The book A COMMON LIFE, book six in the Mitford series by Jan Karon. Some day, when I've read alllll the other books in the world, I plan to re-read this series. It is wholesome, sometimes funny, sometimes sad, and sometimes makes you wish you lived there. It's just delightful! (and I don't use that word often.)If you like the sound of that, then I suggest you begin with AT HOME IN MITFORD, the first book in the series.

As I've mentioned, I am not a pro at this business. I hardly know my way around a computer, let alone how to fancy up a blog enough to attract readers, who prolly have waaay more interesting stuff to read than my blog. But then again, so do I. In fact, I think I'll go read some now...

4 comments:

CindyS said...

Hey Caitlin! Welcome to blogdom ;) Lots of blogs for review of romance books along my sidebar. I think you'll find many people tripping in and reading what you have to say.

It's definitely a nice way to spend some time.

Now I just need to re-arrange my furniture to get a reading chair in the perfect spot!

CindyS

Erin said...

Hello! Don't worry about not being a pro...we all have to start somewhere. I surprised that anyone acutally reads my blog. Just be yourself, that is what will make it interesting.

Good luck!

KT Grant said...

Welcome to blog land :D
I am a Kate. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

Robin said...

I'm enjoying reading your posts, Caitlin! So, welcome to the book blogging world. I hope you find it as warm and welcoming as I did when I started blogging a year-and-a-half ago!